1.2 Billion People Discovered In Huge Data Leak
by TWV35 - November 22, 2019 at 09:44 PM
***NEWS FLASH**** 

This is pretty crazy news I just heard about. Anyone have any leads on this one even a portion of it ? Brethren we have to bring this home to RF! Im looking for this one for sure 

1.2 Billion People Discovered In Massive Data Leak -> https://www.dataviper.io/blog/2019/pdl-d...on-people/
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: Permanent (N/A).
Ban Reason: You are responsible for the security of your account. Scamming- https://raidforums.com/Thread-Scam-Report-Against-TWV35-450
HIBP has it:

In October 2019, security researchers Vinny Troia and Bob Diachenko identified an unprotected Elasticsearch server holding 1.2 billion records of personal data. The exposed data included an index indicating it was sourced from data enrichment company People Data Labs (PDL) and contained 622 million unique email addresses. The server was not owned by PDL and it's believed a customer failed to properly secure the database. Exposed information included email addresses, phone numbers, social media profiles and job history data.

But these leaks that were found by security researchers don't tend to become public. Question is, did someone else find this DB and will it eventually seep out.
(November 22, 2019 at 10:22 PM)Data_Baron Wrote: HIBP has it:

In October 2019, security researchers Vinny Troia and Bob Diachenko identified an unprotected Elasticsearch server holding 1.2 billion records of personal data. The exposed data included an index indicating it was sourced from data enrichment company People Data Labs (PDL) and contained 622 million unique email addresses. The server was not owned by PDL and it's believed a customer failed to properly secure the database. Exposed information included email addresses, phone numbers, social media profiles and job history data.

But these leaks that were found by security researchers don't tend to become public. Question is, did someone else find this DB and will it eventually seep out.

Yup just got the HIBP email re one of my old non important accounts d'oh.  Email isn't attached to anything important and isn't actual phone number so I don't care. 

But yeah I doubt this data ever gets out as it was a security researcher who found it at some marketing data company. And they apparently informed the FBI when they found it and got it taken down before announcing it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
FBI: 2020 Cybercrime Losses Exceed $4 Billion Crin 0 288 March 31, 2021 at 07:32 PM
Last Post: Crin
Backdoor account discovered in more than 100,000 Zyxel firewalls, VPN gateways BullSecc 3 516 January 28, 2021 at 09:21 AM
Last Post: asdfg1234qwerty
Telegram to pay SEC fine of $18.5 million and return $1.2 billion to investors tom6321ca 1 360 June 29, 2020 at 04:54 AM
Last Post: Lambik