Favourite os
by anonymoust3 - April 20, 2021 at 09:12 AM
Anyone gave that win11 copy that's floating around a try? Quite interested to hear some feed back...
CopperheadOS (Android fork) for every day use and ubuntu touch on my spare phone.
iOS. I’m happy with their security policies and for the most part they do a good job of keeping apps in check on not being piles of shit.
Ios because of layers of security in every task.and faster & no lag then Android.
any linux distribution , bcz FREE
(May 07, 2021 at 07:51 PM)m0t0rbr34th Wrote: Mine is Android. iOS might be more secure in general but it's alright when you know what you are doing.

(May 23, 2021 at 04:36 PM)EOTR Wrote: people call iOS more secure because it is closed source, which is valid considering you can't audit or make modifications to the source code if it is closed source, legally that is. There are a lot of zerodays affecting iOS but it is usually because there are legitimate and professional teams with access to it auditing it.

Closed source does not mean more secure in any way. It is one of the biggest misconceptions in my opinion. "There are a lot of zerodays affecting iOS but it is usually because there are legitimate and professional teams with access to it auditing it." -> Also not true. Think about the WiFi format string vulnerability, which was found by a hobbyist. Would have been spotted with ease by sercurity researchers if the code was open source. Same goes for the Pegasus zeroday. Also not found by legitimate professional teams.

The fact that someone does not have the source code does make it harder to find vulnerabilities, but it works both ways. It makes it harder for security researches too. Criminals will look for the vulnerabilities anyways (they don't care if searching for them is legitimate), but for security researches it is way harder to look for the same vulnerabilities as they do need to comply with the law.
i guess for me it's IOS hands down .... i mean why the shitfucking hell would i want anything else ??
always wanted ios, but happy with android ....
(May 23, 2021 at 04:36 PM)Opalstones Wrote: people call iOS more secure because it is closed source, which is valid considering you can't audit or make modifications to the source code if it is closed source, legally that is. There are a lot of zerodays affecting iOS but it is usually because there are legitimate and professional teams with access to it auditing it.

Well, yes, however, they therefore also spam the notion of "no antivirus needed", even going so far as to say the apple ecosystem cannot get virusses, I've heard several salesmen pitch that before, which is very worrying because they definetly can, zerodays aside ios can still be infected with malware technically
(August 19, 2021 at 09:50 AM)sexy69 Wrote: always wanted ios, but happy with android ....

Android is a winning OS, but it;'s no better than others. It's all down to preference.
got to be windows by a long shot
Not sure, but android is linux based system
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: Permanent (N/A).
Ban Reason: Spamming gibberish