Free No-Log VPN Services
by anonymoust3 - April 17, 2021 at 01:56 PM
(April 17, 2021 at 08:20 PM)Leakbook Wrote:
(April 17, 2021 at 07:55 PM)pompompurin Wrote:
(April 17, 2021 at 06:58 PM)Leakbook Wrote:
(April 17, 2021 at 05:40 PM)pompompurin Wrote: Elaborate ? Not sure I understand what you’re trying to say

i mean
there is no anonymity with free vpn providers, they log everything, even if the tell you "we don't log"

ProtonVPN has a decent track record and is audited, that's the only one I would recommend to anybody that is looking for a free VPN.

https://protonvpn.com/blog/open-source/

Security audits by SEC Consult;

Android: https://protonvpn.com/blog/protonvpn-and...port-2020/
iOS: https://protonvpn.com/blog/protonvpn-ios...port-2020/
macOS: https://protonvpn.com/blog/protonvpn-mac...port-2020/
Windows: https://protonvpn.com/blog/protonvpn-win...port-2020/

oh its open source and audited
this change everything, they don't log nothing

Protonvpn is the same Company like Protonmail and they don't read your mails as well
LOL (sarcasm off)

Its up to people to decide whether they trust them or not. If you apply that logic to ProtonVPN, apply it to every other VPN, and then every email provider, and then every privacy oriented service. There's no 100% way to tell if they *are* logging or not, just like every other service that you might pay for. My point is, that they are the most likely not to log you while still using their free service, unlike almost every other free VPN. Rather use SuperVPN or ProtonVPN if you had to make a choice? Not really sure what ProtonVPN would gain from logging anyways, besides more costs for storing a mass amount of extra data Biggrin
(April 17, 2021 at 05:43 PM)Unkn0wX Wrote: I love to create my own VPN setup on AWS.

How to create our own VPN in aws or anywhere? It's safer? We can control logs right? How much does it cost?
(April 18, 2021 at 02:19 AM)anonymoust3 Wrote:
(April 17, 2021 at 05:43 PM)Unkn0wX Wrote: I love to create my own VPN setup on AWS.

How to create our own VPN in aws or anywhere? It's safer? We can control logs right? How much does it cost?

Creating your own VPN removes all the benefits of a VPN. When you use a VPN, then you have plausible deniability, as multiple people are using the same IP, and anybody could be doing anything. But if you're using your own VPN, you can still be tracked everywhere on the internet & Amazon would most likely give the identity of the AWS account holder out to police if they were asked.

Amazons transparency report:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/...WQ2C2CRYEF
(April 18, 2021 at 03:22 AM)pompompurin Wrote:
(April 18, 2021 at 02:19 AM)anonymoust3 Wrote:

Creating your own VPN removes all the benefits of a VPN. When you use a VPN, then you have plausible deniability, as multiple people are using the same IP, and anybody could be doing anything. But if you're using your own VPN, you can still be tracked everywhere on the internet & Amazon would most likely give the identity of the AWS account holder out to police if they were asked. 

Amazons transparency report:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/...WQ2C2CRYEF

Thanks, I'll go with protonvpn or NordVpn. I personally like protonvpn, but it's bit costlier ig...
(April 17, 2021 at 06:58 PM)Leakbook Wrote:
(April 17, 2021 at 05:40 PM)pompompurin Wrote: Elaborate ? Not sure I understand what you’re trying to say

i mean
there is no anonymity with free vpn providers, they log everything, even if the tell you "we don't log"

Operator of a free VPN here.

I understand the natural distrust of a free service but I don't appreciate the indiscriminate statement that all of them log everything you do.
(April 20, 2021 at 08:44 AM)Courvix Wrote:
(April 17, 2021 at 06:58 PM)Leakbook Wrote: i mean

I understand the natural distrust of a free service but I don't appreciate the indiscriminate statement that all of them log everything you do.

we don't speak from a "private" VPN Provider you can't compare a private with a public VPN Provider

maybe you don't log anything because you don't care

but a public VPN Provider must log some infos if the LE come with a Court order to get some info out
you really think they get a penalty for you when you pay nothing or some bucks for the VPN? Wink
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: Permanent (N/A).
Ban Reason: Multi-Accounting: https://raidforums.com/User-watchd0g
(April 20, 2021 at 04:15 PM)Leakbook Wrote:

we don't speak from a "private" VPN Provider you can't compare a private with a public VPN Provider

but a public VPN Provider must log some infos if the LE come with a Court order to get some info out
you really think they get a penalty for you when you pay nothing or some bucks for the VPN? Wink

My service isn't private, it's public and has hundreds of concurrent users. I've received law enforcement inquiries before (which I've published, including my responses.)

Does the fact that I am unable to help LE scare me away from operating the service, despite knowing that bad actors use it? Absolutely not. I'd do whatever it took to fight any challenges against me legally. It's part and parcel of operating something like that.

It isn't possible for us to discriminate; to protect the innocent, we must also protect the guilty.
I know of one that does exist, at least they claim not to log things, and their services are targeted towards whistleblowers / people trying to fight gov. corruption and stuff. they get their money through donations, so I'm not sure I want to post it here as I don't want a bunch of people abusing their services and causing them to run out of funding. But if you look deep enough, you might find them, or maybe another vpn service like them.

Edit: Fuck it I'll just go ahead and say it here, look into Riseup. They've got a free VPN, they're anti-government/pro freedom, and they have quite a few other free services as well.
(April 21, 2021 at 07:23 AM)Courvix Wrote: My service isn't private, it's public and has hundreds of concurrent users. I've received law enforcement inquiries before (which I've published, including my responses.)

Does the fact that I am unable to help LE scare me away from operating the service, despite knowing that bad actors use it? Absolutely not. I'd do whatever it took to fight any challenges against me legally. It's part and parcel of operating something like that.

It isn't possible for us to discriminate; to protect the innocent, we must also protect the guilty.

ok name your VPN Service
(April 21, 2021 at 11:42 AM)Leakbook Wrote:
(April 21, 2021 at 07:23 AM)Courvix Wrote: My service isn't private, it's public and has hundreds of concurrent users. I've received law enforcement inquiries before (which I've published, including my responses.)

ok name your VPN Service

It falls under the name of Courvix Network, although advertised by other people as Courvix VPN, etc.
(April 21, 2021 at 12:35 PM)Courvix Wrote:
(April 21, 2021 at 11:42 AM)Leakbook Wrote:

ok name your VPN Service

It falls under the name of Courvix Network, although advertised by other people as Courvix VPN, etc.

we take a closer look thank you for sharing
(April 20, 2021 at 04:15 PM)Leakbook Wrote:

That depends really on the law in specific countries. Some require you to do logs because you are found guilty yourself if you "cover" some of your users by not being able to identify them while in other countries the operator is not liable.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Are there many O.com free email services? newuser37 0 556 May 01, 2020 at 03:32 AM
Last Post: newuser37