Is M1 a good enough reason to switch?
by necronomikyle - March 25, 2021 at 09:45 PM
not realible, performance, not good as a video editing or gaming, only of quality & brand
(August 08, 2021 at 12:28 AM)NEO_666 Wrote:
(March 25, 2021 at 09:45 PM)necronomikyle Wrote: I only do light gaming these days. Mostly my computer is an education tool, video watcher, sometimes I stream less intensive games and ocassionally VR.
I would consider adding an EGPU at some point but am really considering an m1 mac mini just to have something more stable than my old alienware aurora.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any of the m1 products and what their experiences/joys/regrets are.

I have an M1 Mac for my Computer Science course in University. I am in love with it. I bought the M1 Macbook Pro base model and I dont regret buying it. The performance is outstanding, its snappy and I wouldnt change it for anything else. The built times / compile times, training is faster then anything i have seen previously. If you have the money then buy it. Its honestly a matter of taste. I have a gaming laptop for gaming. I have both Windows and MacOS so im not biased. It all boils down to preference and what you want out of your laptop. If you want gaming, get Windows... honestly. Macbook are sort of aimed more for work... not for gaming, thats why i dont listen to anyone who shits on Macbooks because of 'bad framerates'. They're made for students, engineers and people who need performance on the move.

My Macbook outperforms my PC when it comes to compile time, decompile time and runs programs faster even with Rosetta 2. Furthermore, the battery life is also a major selling point. Apple was not overexaggerating when they said that this computer lasts 18 hours. I went almost 3 days without charging my Macbook. Ofcourse i wasnt running some major battery draining programs. However, even with heavy applications running all day you can squeeze out 12 hours

At the end of the day, its honestly about what you want out of the laptop, like i said before. Its up to you. Do some research, list the pros and cons, speak to some people about it. I gave you my PERSONAL opinion, im not biased since i have the best of both worlds.

Yeah, I eventually accepted that. Gave the Windows machine some upgrades then work actually bought us m1s. It has bee pretty impressive as far as being fast and reliable so we'll see what the long term experience is like.
(August 11, 2021 at 03:28 PM)necronomikyle Wrote:
(August 08, 2021 at 12:28 AM)NEO_666 Wrote:
(March 25, 2021 at 09:45 PM)necronomikyle Wrote: I only do light gaming these days. Mostly my computer is an education tool, video watcher, sometimes I stream less intensive games and ocassionally VR.
I would consider adding an EGPU at some point but am really considering an m1 mac mini just to have something more stable than my old alienware aurora.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any of the m1 products and what their experiences/joys/regrets are.

I have an M1 Mac for my Computer Science course in University. I am in love with it. I bought the M1 Macbook Pro base model and I dont regret buying it. The performance is outstanding, its snappy and I wouldnt change it for anything else. The built times / compile times, training is faster then anything i have seen previously. If you have the money then buy it. Its honestly a matter of taste. I have a gaming laptop for gaming. I have both Windows and MacOS so im not biased. It all boils down to preference and what you want out of your laptop. If you want gaming, get Windows... honestly. Macbook are sort of aimed more for work... not for gaming, thats why i dont listen to anyone who shits on Macbooks because of 'bad framerates'. They're made for students, engineers and people who need performance on the move.

My Macbook outperforms my PC when it comes to compile time, decompile time and runs programs faster even with Rosetta 2. Furthermore, the battery life is also a major selling point. Apple was not overexaggerating when they said that this computer lasts 18 hours. I went almost 3 days without charging my Macbook. Ofcourse i wasnt running some major battery draining programs. However, even with heavy applications running all day you can squeeze out 12 hours

At the end of the day, its honestly about what you want out of the laptop, like i said before. Its up to you. Do some research, list the pros and cons, speak to some people about it. I gave you my PERSONAL opinion, im not biased since i have the best of both worlds.

Yeah, I eventually accepted that. Gave the Windows machine some upgrades then work actually bought us m1s. It has bee pretty impressive as far as being fast and reliable so we'll see what the long term experience is like.

Yup, they’re very impressive. Ive honestly loved mine. The Apple eco system is also another impressive feature and it only gets better with every update.