My thoughts on advertising
by S i b e z - November 20, 2015 at 12:32 AM
Hey guys, I know. Huge surprise I'm actually making a serious thread. Lately the topic of advertising has become very popular, as an attempt to revive Raidforums to it's glory days

I'm going to just put my 2 cents in on the whole thing

PART I: WHAT NOT TO DO

- Here's one HUGE thing that isn't doing any good for the community: Spamming in chatrooms, other shoutboxes, and games the URL to RaidForums.com. 

Why is this bad? Because people in games/shoutboxes/chatrooms are going to get pissed. They will come to the site, tell us to shut the fuck up, then leave. That most likely will increase our inactive user percentage slightly

- Another thing we are doing that is bad is just going onto sites such as 4chan, reddit, 8chan, whatever and just posting the URL to RaidForums.com

Why is this bad? Becuase it's simply a spam post, a lot of the time is taken down, and if you are an active user on the site, could result in -rep, or people not trusting you with anything.

PART II: WHAT TO DO

- There are plenty of ways to do good advertising. One that I think is great personally, while some may disagree is A Raidforums clothing store. 

Why do I think this is good? You have a website out there, which is another one dedicated to raidforums. We have a decently sized community at the moment, so that means there will be some sales for sure. That means more money we can put towards other forms of advertising. Once you get the shirts, you'll obviously be wearing it. Unless youre a fag who sits inside all day, you walk past hundreds of people in a day. I know personally when a shirt has words on it, I want to read the words. That means dozens, if not hundreds of people learning about Raidforums every single day. And it costs just a teeshirt. You can wear it too, which is badass

- Another good idea in my opinion is advertising through those quick youtube ads before your video, and/or the ones on the side of the video. Here's a video google made on how to set up In-stream TrueView advertisements https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKgUREz3LyU

Why do I think this is good? You are not charged until they watch either 30 seconds of the ad, or the ad in it's entirety. If the ad is 31 seconds long, and they watch 29, you aren't charged. Prices do vary, but are typically a little on the pricey side. However, I think if we made a stunning video ad, it would attract plenty. It's at least worth a shot.

-Finally, another way of advertising, that is completely free, is telling your friends! If you have friends who find raiding/memes funny, then let them in on RaidForums. As long as they aren't the next techpony11 it's all good

Thanks for reading!
~Sibez
this seems like a good idea
youtube would never accept our video ad, but yeah i agree, shitposting our link all over the intershits is not going to help.
(November 20, 2015 at 12:35 AM)HITLERGAS Wrote: youtube would never accept our video ad, but yeah i agree, shitposting our link all over the intershits is not going to help.

You never know. If we do the video strategically, there's a chance

What I mean by that is that we could just talk about how its a great place to go for memes, and then mention something to do with Twitch subtly, it might get past them, at least for a while
Really good idea lets do it i can show my dick !
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: Permanent (N/A).
Ban Reason: Ban evading, doxxing. AsikPro IsMeF
(November 20, 2015 at 12:36 AM)Sibez Wrote:
(November 20, 2015 at 12:35 AM)HITLERGAS Wrote: youtube would never accept our video ad, but yeah i agree, shitposting our link all over the intershits is not going to help.

What I mean by that is that we could just talk about how its a great place to go for memes, and then mention something to do with Twitch subtly, it might get past them, at least for a while
even if it did, it would attract Normies and sjw's to the site.

here's a example

>minecraftfag watching minecraft let's play
>minecraftfag see's ad
>minecraftfag wants to be a epic troll
>joins, makes the forum cancer

similar things could be applied to Normies, and sjw's.
(November 20, 2015 at 12:53 AM)HITLERGAS Wrote:
(November 20, 2015 at 12:36 AM)Sibez Wrote:

even if it did, it would attract Normies and sjw's to the site.

here's a example

>minecraftfag watching minecraft let's play
>minecraftfag see's ad
>minecraftfag wants to be a epic troll
>joins, makes the forum cancer

similar things could be applied to Normies, and sjw's.

I never thought of it that way. You're right
YouTube isn't going to allow the advertisement of a chaotic group on their site. Why would they advertise a group that would literally then proceed to raid YouTube itself? Also, running ads on YouTube is hella expensive and we can't just say "Predator will take care of it" because he also needed to keep this site up and running.

Maybe advertising Raid Forum's is a good idea, but I guess we're looking in the wrong places to advertise.
Make daily threads on /b/ advertising RF, easy (you'll get ip-banned from 4chan though kek).
(November 20, 2015 at 02:39 AM)Sem Wrote: Make daily threads on /b/ advertising RF, easy (you'll get ip-banned from 4chan though kek).

yeah, i was just thinking that if you spam it too much then people will just get pissed. but if you wanna do it theres no stopping you
Or we can just do propaganda.

king of 2
i think we should post this

[Image: 00a7d1b3dada92d23185ce03f8f3b749.gif]

I would join

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thoughts on Squid Game Dredgen Sun 18 620 September 29, 2021 at 03:02 PM
Last Post: Dredgen Sun
Help & thoughts reverse engineering a PGP Phone soontoberich 6 734 July 28, 2021 at 06:51 PM
Last Post: soontoberich
Thoughts about Ratting your childrens Phone Amphetamine 7 563 June 07, 2021 at 03:56 PM
Last Post: HassaMassa