Scammer group
by RawCat - June 02, 2018 at 08:16 PM
I suggest that we add a new user group for members that have ongoing scam reports. The user group should have a visual indicator (text before the name, or a user bar that can be seen in posts and pms) that states the fact that the member shouldn't be trusted for now. Basic idea is just to add something that warns other users about the possible danger.

This would prevent scammers finding new victims before their scam reports have been solved (like we experienced in MemeMachine's case, 3 people got scammed before he was banned). The accused user should only be added in the new user group (not replacing existing user groups) and removed from it when the report has been solved for his/her favor.

Cool
Not a bad idea, but people with scam report should just be banned until they reply.
And problem gets solved or ban becomes permanent.
(June 02, 2018 at 08:51 PM)Raviolli Wrote: Not a bad idea, but people with scam report should just be banned until they reply.
And problem gets solved or ban becomes permanent.

If the instant banning system cannot be abused (people could make fake reports as a denial of service), that would do the job too.
(June 02, 2018 at 09:34 PM)$2a$45 Wrote: If the instant banning system cannot be abused (people could make fake reports as a denial of service), that would do the job too.

Being today's scam victim I'd like to suggest a solution: obvious fake report should mean ban for "reporter" - I think it would prevent such things. Also the setting, that to report scam one has to have at least a week-long membership, to avoid fake reports from ad-hoc created brandnew accounts (established only to falsely accuse someone).
regarding ravioli's idea, make it so their account can not send PM's or get PM's or use shoutbox until their scam report is handled, allow them to reply to threads and make them, but possibly block them from the marketplace section of RaidForums, so they can not make or reply to threads in market. This way they can take part in some sections of the forums, and have ability to reply to their scam report thread
(June 03, 2018 at 02:19 AM)Split10 Wrote: regarding ravioli's idea, make it so their account can not send PM's or get PM's or use shoutbox until their scam report is handled, allow them to reply to threads and make them, but possibly block them from the marketplace section of RaidForums, so they can not make or reply to threads in market. This way they can take part in some sections of the forums, and have ability to reply to their scam report thread

lmfao this would take omni doing dev work, definitely not gonna happen
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: Permanent (N/A).
Ban Reason: Scammed 200$ [email protected] https://cdn.raidforums.com/i/RF_d2wt.txt British Kid, uses BT as ISP.
Very good suggestion. Absolutely agree.
This way they can take part in some sections of the forums, and have ability to reply to their scam report thread spanish dictionary
Bump.
+1
+1 <<<<,///too short/////
This can be easily implemented. I vouch for the idea 100%

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
[Sosolapute] I AM A SCAMMER Ringer 7 1,354 August 26, 2021 at 08:34 AM
Last Post: secretsquirell