Signal vs Imessage
by aloevera - September 24, 2019 at 12:03 AM
I've always wondered what are the pros and cons for each?  I am considering using Imessage instead of Signal, but heard Signal is very good for security.  Which one?
iMessage is proprietary, so there's no real way to know that the messages can't be snooped on. At the very least, Signal is open-source, so you can at least see what is going on in the background. If you want a real secure messaging app, use one that supports XMPP+OMEMO/OTR.
Thank you so much. I will make sure to keep that in mind https://cdn.raidforums.com/images/rf/smilies/shy.png
Keybase is good as well. Uses PGP and they at least claim not to store your private key in an accessible way.
Signal had some recent issues but so does everything. Trusting Apple faggotry though? Never.
(October 16, 2019 at 07:42 AM)EPP Wrote: Signal had some recent issues but so does everything. Trusting Apple faggotry though? Never.

The start was too rocky for me to trust. PGP is the only answer.
Signal is fine for a day-to-day use but it depends on your threat model
(October 17, 2019 at 04:24 PM)raidingbrat Wrote: Signal is fine for a day-to-day use but it depends on your threat model

What this guy said. Although XMPP+OMEMO is just as easy to use as Signal, so...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Do you even use SIGNAL? Jke332 49 8,702 September 08, 2021 at 05:16 AM
Last Post: harrydumper