Tales of Arise
by Dredgen Sun - September 21, 2021 at 03:55 PM
Recently picked up this (Big fan of the Tales of... saga) and I gotta say, the quality of animation is 2nd to none, BEAUTIFUL stuff, I think anime/animation studios in general would make good use of unity etc and creating real time animations.

[Image: fus8huen1i471.jpg]

I mean, I LOVE the character design *so* much.
Sure looks like a purty Jrpg. Does the story hold up well?
(September 21, 2021 at 04:34 PM)ChunkButter Wrote: Sure looks like a purty Jrpg. Does the story hold up well?

Kinda, I'm about an hour in so nothings really broken, but it's got the safe 'chosen prisoner with powers' coming of age/power arc, but it's just an absolute delight to look at.
EVeryone needs to go play this fuckin' game.
We usually have similar views on everything, but in this case I would strongly disagree. 3D animations/CGI have no place in anime IMO. I have never once seen it done well; in saying that if you have an example that would change my mind i'm happy to be wrong.
(September 22, 2021 at 12:28 PM)kirin Wrote: We usually have similar views on everything, but in this case I would strongly disagree. 3D animations/CGI have no place in anime IMO. I have never once seen it done well; in saying that if you have an example that would change my mind i'm happy to be wrong.

Some the CGi thats been in anime has been deplorable, & that example is perfect reason as to why it should stay out, but with some video games and their cinematics, they could port such creativity to animation.

Good examples of CGI in anime imho are : Summer Wars, Fate/Zero & Steamboy
Completely agree, on a lot of the CGI in anime is just SO BAD.

Summer wars is for sure a solid example of good usage.

I may have to check out tales of arise.
(September 23, 2021 at 06:46 AM)account-3465 Wrote: Completely agree, on a lot of the CGI in anime is just SO BAD.

Summer wars is for sure a solid example of good usage.

I may have to check out tales of arise.

I hope you do, it's really good Smile
Glad to see that tech can be used to elevate the experience rather than just to save costs and pump out cheap content.
(September 23, 2021 at 05:43 PM)PandaNapkin73 Wrote: Glad to see that tech can be used to elevate the experience rather than just to save costs and pump out cheap content.

Totally agree right there boss Smile
should i watch this series ?????????
(September 24, 2021 at 07:04 PM)mamafi Wrote: should i watch this series ?????????

It's a game, not a series Smile