What's your ideal steak?
by dabest234 - June 23, 2021 at 06:55 AM
this steak i had the other night, medium ribeye.

[Image: 3scxYAY.jpeg]
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: Permanent (N/A).
Ban Reason: Self-Ban
probably a prime ribeye pan seared with salt and pepper to medium/medium rare
medium rare, slightly charred, with a side of cheesecake
I love steak bombs, what is your opinion about them?
I like wagyu beef the best
(June 24, 2021 at 02:44 PM)HassaMassa Wrote: I go for medium rare, salted and ground pepper. Fry it and then just a minute or in an oven two wrapped in foil. Keeps it warm and gives the inside a nice final cook without being excessive.

thats absolutely the best way of having it! no funny sauces or condiments! the steak is already yummy enough!
I had a Wagyu in Vegas a few years back, nothing has ever come close to being as good as that steak, it has ruined steak for me.
(July 01, 2021 at 10:29 AM)lrsm63 Wrote:
(June 24, 2021 at 02:44 PM)HassaMassa Wrote: I go for medium rare, salted and ground pepper. Fry it and then just a minute or in an oven two wrapped in foil. Keeps it warm and gives the inside a nice final cook without being excessive.

thats absolutely the best way of having it! no funny sauces or condiments! the steak is already yummy enough!

Agreed, no need to mess around with it too much. It's already good.
(June 27, 2021 at 01:09 PM)Opal Wrote: probably a prime ribeye pan seared with salt and pepper to medium/medium rare

Can't go wrong with this
waguy, but thats cheating, well cooked sirloin goes a long way
(June 23, 2021 at 06:55 AM)dabest234 Wrote: Like the title says, what's your ideal steak? What cut do you prefer? What are your favorite seasonings? What doneness do you prefer?

When I cook steak I just season it with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Rub that shit in good.
My absolute favorite cut is chuck steak. I'm not a big fan of extremely tender meat like filet mignon.
And whenever I cook steak I only focus on what the outside looks like. It usually looks rare in the middle, marvelous red.

i also love drinking wine with steak
Sometimes medium rare, other times medium well

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
What is your ideal house? Tuenya 87 7,333 July 24, 2021 at 02:30 PM
Last Post: slide2323
Your ideal first date? mastergerber 32 1,807 August 02, 2020 at 04:28 AM
Last Post: KILLKIKES
Catching your SO with your mother or father monak0 8 954 May 07, 2020 at 03:28 PM
Last Post: ChunkButter