Whats the deal with CAPTACHAs
by Der_Hund - August 02, 2021 at 03:31 PM
(August 04, 2021 at 07:44 AM)pompompurin Wrote:
(August 04, 2021 at 01:37 AM)l33th4x0r Wrote:
Quote:In general yes, but I don't do none of these Angel  this happens to me at work, at school - maybe someone is trying to fuck me up

You should scan your laptop for malware

That wouldn't be it. More likely to be a privacy browser extension causing Cloudflare to trigger if he's on his home connection. If you attempt to spoof your UA or anything like that Cloudflare gets very mad

CF also flag tones of public VPNs and proxies that aren't from residential ranges, You can probably guess why. 
Im pretty sure google also force captchas if your IP has been sending requests that looks like bot activity these days too.
Wait no actually never mind I think the google thing is just based on browser cookies
(August 04, 2021 at 08:48 PM)STARTEXMISLEAD Wrote:
Quote:In general yes, but I don't do none of these Angel  this happens to me at work, at school - maybe someone is trying to fuck me up

That wouldn't be it. More likely to be a privacy browser extension causing Cloudflare to trigger if he's on his home connection. If you attempt to spoof your UA or anything like that Cloudflare gets very mad

CF also flag tones of public VPNs and proxies that aren't from residential ranges, You can probably guess why. 
Im pretty sure google also force captchas if your IP has been sending requests that looks like bot activity these days too.
Wait no actually never mind I think the google thing is just based on browser cookies

"CF also flag tones of public VPNs and proxies that aren't from residential ranges"

No, it depends on what your security settings are set to in CloudFlare. Raidforums firewall is just setup very strongly to avoid bots

Also what does google Captcha have to do with this? Cloudflare uses hcaptcha, which is not based on cookies//IP Reputation
(August 04, 2021 at 10:10 PM)pompompurin Wrote:

"CF also flag tones of public VPNs and proxies that aren't from residential ranges"

No, it depends on what your security settings are set to in CloudFlare. Raidforums firewall is just setup very strongly to avoid bots

Also what does google Captcha have to do with this? Cloudflare uses hcaptcha, which is not based on cookies//IP Reputation

What is cloudflares detection actually based on?
(August 04, 2021 at 10:13 PM)STARTEXMISLEAD Wrote:
(August 04, 2021 at 10:10 PM)pompompurin Wrote:
(August 04, 2021 at 01:37 AM)l33th4x0r Wrote: You should scan your laptop for malware

What is cloudflares detection actually based on?

If your browser seems suspicious, they check your headers and stuff like that, they don't rely so heavily on just blocking IP Addresses. Just like how Cloudflare doesn't block people on tor (unless the owner of the website sets it so they're blocked, which a lot do sadly)

No it's bad ip reputation that triggers those. So Tor exit nodes, selling bandwith through packeteer, stuff like that...
(August 05, 2021 at 05:11 AM)l33th4x0r Wrote:

No it's bad ip reputation that triggers those. So Tor exit nodes, selling bandwith through packeteer, stuff like that...

It’s not only bad IP reputation, there is a number of factors.
I mean even so if you are getting captchad often, is it that annoying?

I did it 3 times when I logged in today, it's like less than 10 seconds and keeps out bots, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote:It’s not only bad IP reputation, there is a number of factors.

Agree to disagree I guess but it's not fingerprinting in this case (sometimes it is though).