Your thoughts on "Windows 11"
by adamhlozek - June 17, 2021 at 06:33 AM
(July 15, 2021 at 02:11 PM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote: I ain't buying a whole new processor for an OS. (Tried the compatibility test)

Is it true that Win10 updates will phase out by 2025?

Yeah it is true 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecyc...-education
(July 16, 2021 at 05:26 AM)adamhlozek Wrote:
(July 15, 2021 at 02:11 PM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote: I ain't buying a whole new processor for an OS. (Tried the compatibility test)

Yeah it is true 

For the love of fuck microsoft.
not going update until they're fix PrintNightmare Vulnerability.
(July 16, 2021 at 10:35 AM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote:

Yeah it is true 

Yeah......fucking cunts..........They shouldn't do that this early....

But the only good feature which i can see in Win 11 and most of the people will agree is the native Android apps feature
(July 17, 2021 at 10:27 AM)adamhlozek Wrote:
(July 16, 2021 at 10:35 AM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote:

Yeah it is true 

Yeah......fucking cunts..........They shouldn't do that this early....

But the only good feature which i can see in Win 11 and most of the people will agree is the native Android apps feature

YES! That is something that I'm curious about, there's always been a rumour of Windows & Android having some marriage, which was supposed to happen with Windows Phone, giving native android app support, but the thing died out way too soon.

Shame really, my Lumia 1520 was a hog for specs, but held back by a dog shit OS
for sure gonna wait and see with this one. Who knows what issues lie beneath the surface.
So far it looks ok, not too sure regarding the UI design I wish they brought the XP era of customization back again, but I suppose that would be asking too much. Designers nowadays have little to no real creativity. Shame.

Probs still gonna be bloated as fuck like Windows is currently, would prefer if it was a normal update of Windows 10 to be frank.

What I find interesting is it can run android apps natively without the need for Bluestacks.
Sounds dumb can some one please give me a use case to do this?
I wonder if you can pop a reverse shell on windows via the android payload would be an interesting experiment to say the least.
Just a new bottle old wine.
(June 17, 2021 at 06:33 AM)adamhlozek Wrote: [Image: Vn9gOg7.png]

What are your thoughts on this build floating around and will the overall support for third party software change ?
I might wait till the actual event in this month..................
This looks very early build.............

Unpopular opinion, I kinda like the new UI. With the Windows Terminal and things like PowerToys, Windows is looking more and more attractive for me. Hardware requirements aren't really a problem for me, but I understand why that might put off others that can't afford or simply don't want to upgrade their hardware. But then again, Linux is always an option for those guys
I would probably never get used to the symbols being in the middle. I only use Windows 10 on my laptop, because for an unknown reason I cannot install Linux on it anymore and for this reason did not activate it, so in Windows 11 I would have no way to change this.
(August 19, 2021 at 12:28 PM)Reips Wrote: I would probably never get used to the symbols being in the middle. I only use Windows 10 on my laptop, because for an unknown reason I cannot install Linux on it anymore and for this reason did not activate it, so in Windows 11 I would have no way to change this.

Try a different distribution then if you can't install a certain one, can't be the hardware
Quote:Try a different distribution then if you can't install a certain one, can't be the hardware

Thanks for your hint, but I already tried Ubuntu, Manjaro, Debian, CentOS, MX Linux, Open Suse and Linux Mint, which should cover all important distributions. It always goes like this: The live system or installer boots fine from USB, but then one of the following 3 things happens:

1. The installer fails to install the grub bootloader and stops with an error.
2. The installer takes an hour for "update-grub", but installation succeeds, however the bootloader only loads the rescue console.
3. The partitions of the SSD are not recognized and the SSD cannot be partitioned by the installer's partition tool (only happened on Manjaro).

The thing is I did not have this problem before. Linux on this laptop was always a bit problematic and Ubuntu only worked on Legacy mode. But one day, after I restarted the system, I did not get any further than the grub console. I probably re-installed Linux with different distributions mentioned above about 20 times, but could never get the system working, even though I always managed installing Ubuntu, Manjaro or Open Suse before.

The only OS I could install was Windows 10... :(

I don't have a clue what the problem might be. I don't think that a SSD defect is the fault, because the controller should transparently re-route broken sectors.