cpu thermal paste
by normandy111 - September 05, 2019 at 04:57 PM
i notice the other day when cleaning my rig that the cpu thermal paste doesnt look like its effective anymore. the paste is very dried out and old looking. is it normal to have to reapply paste and if yes do you just put it on top of the old paste ?
(September 05, 2019 at 04:57 PM)normandy111 Wrote: i notice the other day when cleaning my rig that the cpu thermal paste doesnt look like its effective anymore. the paste is very dried out and old looking. is it normal to have to reapply paste and if yes do you just put it on top of the old paste ?

Make sure you don't put too much or it will not be effective.
(September 05, 2019 at 05:08 PM)Jaw Wrote:
(September 05, 2019 at 04:57 PM)normandy111 Wrote: i notice the other day when cleaning my rig that the cpu thermal paste doesnt look like its effective anymore. the paste is very dried out and old looking. is it normal to have to reapply paste and if yes do you just put it on top of the old paste ?

Make sure you don't put too much or it will not be effective.

great share, thanks. i think i might go with the metal method Wink
the only down side of using more thermal paste is if the paste is conductor you can fry your cpu or motherboard.
i cleaned and reapplied paste according to Jaw's video. it worked great
(September 11, 2019 at 07:06 PM)normandy111 Wrote: i cleaned and reappliedĀ  paste according to Jaw's video. it worked great
Happy to hear that it all worked out! Good job man.
I had to do the same with my game cube
the more you put the cooler it will be