future of wireless(inductive) charging
by 0x0000 - July 09, 2017 at 12:22 PM
I just heard a news about the possibly postpone release of the wireless(inductive) charging accessory for iPhone 8. I am not into iphone btw. Just curious, what do you guys think about this feature. Are you expecting it? Will it lead to a change of the whole phone industry and cause every company follow it? or will you buy such an accessory? etc.

Quote:It has long been rumored that Apple’s upcoming 2017 iPhone models will feature some sort of wireless charging technology, but now blogger John Gruber says that the feature might not be available at launch…

In a tweet late last night, Gruber explained that he’s heard inductive charging will be sold separately from the iPhone itself, something that several other reports have claimed. Additionally, he says that the new charging technology “might be late” and not launch until iOS 11.1 is released.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/07/08/wireless-...s-8-delay/

I am not sure if I should post this in the iPhone section here or in the World News section instead. Correct me if I am wrong.
It will be nice to ditch the cable but until this is supported at businesses (few do atm) I could see it being an annoyance
The future of wireless charging got released a month ago hahaha. I feel like I'm from the future telling people in the past how great everything is lol .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
The new iPhone with USB type c and fast charging ? kavesember 5 1,546 February 01, 2021 at 05:05 AM
Last Post: L33THACKER105