which firmware used in general computer?
by Richierich123 - February 15, 2019 at 06:28 AM
I don't have enough information about firmware so I want to know that which firmware used in computer system generally
The BIOS found in IBM-compatible personal computers
The (U)EFI-compliant firmware used on Itanium systems, Intel-based computers from Apple, and many Intel desktop computer motherboards
Open Firmware, used in SPARC-based computers from Sun Microsystems and Oracle Corporation, PowerPC-based computers from Apple, and computers from Genesi
ARCS, used in computers from Silicon Graphics
Kickstart, used in the Amiga line of computers (POST, hardware init + Plug and Play auto-configuration of peripherals, kernel, etc.)
RTAS (Run-Time Abstraction Services), used in computers from IBM
The Common Firmware Environment (CFE)
(February 15, 2019 at 06:28 AM)Richierich123 Wrote: I don't have enough information about firmware so I want to know that which firmware used in computer system generally

most smart devices uses ARM
(February 15, 2019 at 06:28 AM)Richierich123 Wrote: I don't have enough information about firmware so I want to know that which firmware used in computer system generally
You should really specify you question. There is a plenty of computer devices that use a variety of different firmwares. I depends of many things such as CPU, GPU etc. There is no one answer for this question. @Edi tried to describe the most popular units but there is no general answer for such a question.
Firmware for what? Can you make your question a bit more specific? What exactly do you want to know?
Firmware of the computer itself would be the motherboard boot, as stated above the most common ones are BIOS and UEFI.
After that you will need an Operating System to make your computer work, windows being the most common for users, as it is widely known.
For better explanations you would need to say in more detail what you want.
ARM & BIOS are the 2 only really know anything about

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
yo what is firmware? thepersonyouknow 9 10,502 September 13, 2021 at 12:18 PM
Last Post: Dredgen Sun
reliable firmware on phone Maureenswart65 4 5,660 July 15, 2021 at 02:21 PM
Hello firmware browsers! okimcool 5 6,865 June 21, 2021 at 01:32 PM